Adapted from the recipe:
Pasta with Peas, Ricotta Salata, and Lemon
Gourmet | August 1998
* 6 ounces dried pasta such as farfalle (we used rigatoni)
* 1 cup frozen peas
* 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
* 3 ounces ricotta salata cheese*
* 1-2 lemons
* 1 1/2 tablespoons basil oil
Fresh terragon (if you like it) for garnish
* good quality cheese and ingredients make a huge difference with an ultra simple sauce
Fill a 4-quart kettle three fourths full with salted water and bring to a boil for pasta and peas.
Tear basil into bite-size pieces and break ricotta salata into about 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Into a large bowl finely grate zest from lemons and squeeze enough juice to measure 2 tablespoon. Add basil, cheese, and oil. Cook pasta in boiling water until almost al dente. Stir in peas and continue to cook until pasta is al dente and peas are tender. Drain pasta and peas well. Add pasta and peas to bowl and toss to combine. Season pasta with salt and pepper (if you like fresh terragon you can add some at the end... we don't, so we skipped it).